GCCC Core Values
Granite Creek Community Church is compelled by Jesus' words from Luke 10:27, which says, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’" These words inspire us to function according to the following five core values.
1. Worship: To love God with all your heart is to celebrate God's presence in worship.
We exist to celebrate God's presence"Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only." Matthew 4:10
" . . .the Father seeks worshippers . . .and his worshippers must worship him in spirit and in truth." John 4:23-24
Three goals of our worship services:
1. Celebration-- "I was glad when they said to me, let us go to the house of the Lord." Psalms 122:1
2. Inspiration--"They that wait upon the Lord will renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as eagles." Isaiah 40:31
3. Preparation--"He gave . . . some to be pastors and teachers, to prepare God's people for the work of ministry . . ." Ephesians 4:11
2. Evangelism: "To go make disciples" is to communicate God's love through evangelism.
We exist to communicate God's Word.
"His intent was that through the church, the manifold wisdom of God should be made known." Ephesians 3:10
" . . .Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved. How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them?" Romans 10:13-14
3. Discipleship: "To teach them. . .all things" is to change lives through discipleship.
We exist to educate God's people.
"Let us leave the elementary teachings about Christ and go on to maturity . . . " 2 Peter 3:18
"So Christ himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ." Ephesians 4:11-13
4. Fellowship: God calls us to commit to God and his family through fellowship.
Fellowship is another word for forbearance and cultivating a culture that embraces and celebrates diversity.
"You are a member of God's own family and you belong in God's household with every other Christian." Ephesians 2:19 (Living Bible)
- "Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all." Ephesians 4:2-6
- "For just as we have many members in one body and all the members do not have the same function so we, who are many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another."Romans 12:4-5
5. Ministry: "To love your neighbor as yourself" means that we're to express God's love through serving others (ministry).
- "By this shall all men know that you are my disciples--that you have love one for another." John 13:35
- "For you were called to freedom, brethren; only do not turn your freedom into an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another." Galatians 5:13
- "For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me." Matthew 25:34-35
|< Prev||Next >|